**Role of President/VP and Council: General Overview
The key role and responsibility of the President of a Council is to constitute and build a robust team comprising a Vice President and minimum 20 WOMEN as Council members. You can have more than 20 as well to develop working teams. Members should be from related region/sector of the Council and largely from business and industry. Youth and Interns are welcome. TOGETHER, ALL WILL tap into diverse team strengths, leverage respective networks and drive goals with participatory and distributed leadership with a spirit of sisterhood. While Men are Not Members in Councils, we welcome you to engage with He-for-She Champions as honorary advisors/external partners toward strengthening our mandate.
Additional Roles across the different Council Categories:
Regional Council Presidents: In this Regional role, kindly also provide nominations for State Presidents/Vice Presidents in different States and Cities in the region, as also help identify State SectoralPresident/Vice Presidents.
National Sector Council Presidents: In this National role, kindly also provide nominations for State Presidents/Vice Presidents in your sector.
State/UT Council Presidents: In this vital State-wide coordinating role, kindly also provide nominations for State Sector Presidents in a variety of fields, as also City Presidents across the State.
State/UT Sector Presidents: In this State wide role, kindly also provide nominations for City Presidents across the State.
City Presidents: In this City role, you can also engage with the city’s municipal corporations for infrastructural improvement and grassroots endeavours.
Presidents of Bilateral Business Councils: In the Bilateral Business Councils, the focused activity would be to bring business women from both countries together for supporting their business growth and market expansion. There will be Counterpart Councils based in both countries, where a dialogue can take place between businesswomen committed to increasing trade between those two countries. You can also invite as Council Members, the women representatives of large Corporates who have substantial business interests bilaterally. Organising Bilateral Business Summits for Women is encouraged in order to bring all stakeholders together, including from other countries and in a variety of sectors, in coordination with other councils of WICCI present at Bilateral, National, Regional, State and City levels.
Council Workings include:
Some recommended practices that you can supplement:
- collaborate with government bodies, ministries, chambers, universities and non-profits.
- make suitable representations and recommendations for any incentives, concessions, policy, legislative and structural changes.
- organise delegations and exchange with public platforms, industry forums, and other business chambers.
-work with corporates/government for studies & projects with grants and funding from them. (All the various councils in India and abroad find their own funds and do what is possible within those.)
- self-determine agenda in local context & serve members’ interests.
- Schedule Weekly/Monthly Council Meetings.
-Plan Annual Calendar of Meetings/Roundtables/Actions/Events.
- Sign MOUs of general cooperation with Chambers, Ministries, Corporates CSR etc.(draft MOU of general cooperation is available with the Secretariat)
- Publish/Voice Council recommendations in the Media.
-Drive Business-to-Business Connections with Women Worldwide via 500+ National/State/City Councils of WICCI across 150+ Sectors in India and Bilateral Business Councils in 90+ countries.
-Be Active on Social Media: Follow WICCI main pages, make your Council specific page, and share actively about Members and Events.
- Sample Council Activities (Online/Offline)include: Conferences, Training, Consulting, Reports & Publications, Trade Fairs/Expos, Annual Business Summits (Bilateral/Sectoral), Webinars, Hackathons, Business Networking, Media Coverage of events et al.
-Welcome to Join our Omnibus Facebook Group with 20K Members to share and connect with sisters in the network https://m.facebook.com/groups/2348126312126503?ref=share .
-Welcome to Upload your Goods & Services in our e-commerce marketplace SHEconomy. FAQs and Sign Up on www.SHEconomy.in
- All Presidents/VPs are requested to send for the website details of your Council comprising President, Vice President and minimum 20 Women Council Members.
Download here The Sample Council Document template.